Assistant Events Manager
The multifaceted position requires a unique individual who is extremely organized, willing to take on a variety of tasks and is physically strong and able. The ideal applicant will be a fast learner as the variety of skills will need to be learned for this position. Applicant must have exemplary speaking and writing skills, familiarity with Excel and Outlook. Basic graphic and web design is also a plus. Finally, although most days will be relaxed, you will need to be able to tirelessly work 14-16 hour days during our events.
The position requires a minimum of an associate’s degree in fields related to business, marketing, graphic design, or event production. The right applicant will be elevated within less than a year to a full-time position with a wage increase.
Your office is located in Palm Desert, California.
The job, though demanding, is extremely fun and rewarding. You will work with an amazing team and many celebrities.
- Hire and manage temporary staff
- Manage apparel inventory
- Order apparel
- Assist in design and production of apparel
- Update online store
- Update competitor registration spreadsheets
- Update social media daily
- Basic Graphic and Web Design
- Fulfill online sponsor obligations
- Organization, load, and transport production truck
- Drive truck up to 10 hours
- Event staging and oversite
- Live Athlete Registration
- Oversee filming
- Add QR codes and CTA to website
- Coordinate photo shoots
- Fulfill online orders
- Additional creative
- Tasks to contribute to the growth of the company.
Pay is $17/hour, Approximately 3 days per week. In October the position is expected to become full time.
Please attached to your email a resume, cover letter, and 3 work and/or education references pertinent to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications missing these items will not be considered.